41 years old, the retired NBA star, Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna died in a helicopter crash near Calabasas, Calif with nine other people.
A college baseball coach was also killed with his daughter and wife.
As per the authorities in Los Angeles County, it could take many days to recover bodies.
What You Need To Know About Kobe Bryant Death
- Kobe Bryant is one of the best players in NBA history.
- Kobe was on board a helicopter with his daughter, Gianna that crashed into a hill in Calabasas, 30 miles west of Los Angeles.
- As per Los Angeles County Fire Department’s chief Daryl Osby, there were no survivors.
- Los Angeles’s chief medical examiner, Dr. Jonathan Lucas says it may take some days to complete their recovery from the site.
- Tribute is paying by all over the world which includes Michael Jordan, Shaquille O’Neal, and Michael Jordan.
- Fans from the city are coming to Los Angeles’ Staples Center to pour tribute.
- Daughter Gianna Bryant wanted of following her father’s footprints and dream to be a professional basketball player. On Sunday 26 January 2020, this dream of Gianna was shattered.
- A long-time baseball coach, John Altobelli at Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa. Calif also dies in the crash with his wife, Keri, and daughter, Alyssa.
- Bryant was on the way to an academy with his daughter where he coached her team.
- Nine people died, including the pilot.
What We Know About The Crash ?
Retired LA Lakers star Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna died in a helicopter crash on Sunday, 26, January 2020 near Calabasas, Calif.
During a news conference, the Los Angeles County sheriff, Alex Villanueva said Bryant was among the nine people who died in the crash.
But it was not clear how many people traveling aboard the helicopter, and fire officials said it takes a few days to clarify whether the helicopter was overloaded.
On Sunday afternoon, the N.B.A. sent a confirmation of Kobe Bryant’s and his daughter Gianna’s deaths to all teams and league employees.
Authorities say it may take a few days to recover the bodies
Sheriff Alex Villanueva of Los Angeles County said that the helicopter went down in a very rough terrain area and on Sunday emergency officials had found it dangerous to reach during daylight.
According to Dr. Jonathan R. Lucas, the chief medical examiner for Los Angeles County said that it could take several days to recover bodies from the site.
Bryant and his daughter, Gianna were on their way to an academy where he coached her team
Thousands of fans laid flowers and candles for their star at an impromptu memorial.
And a few stood huddled in silence around the memorial with Sports Illustrated magazines, bouquets, candles, magazines with Bryant on the cover as well as a Lakers flag.
“We love you Kobe and Gigi.” written on one bouquet.
Another card read “The day we lost a legend: 1-26-20 Thank you for being a role model for me and for others.”
Kobe Bryant was on his way with Gianna to the academy to coach her. The academy was hosting the Mamba Cup Tournament Series for boys and girls basketball teams.
All the tournaments were canceled after the death news of Bryant. Some fans wearing Laker jerseys and shouted “Ko-be! Ko-be!”